The earthly powers are ordained by God. They are NOT a terror to good works, but to evil. (Romans 13:1-5) One of the primary purposes of the President and Executive branch is defending the Constitution from enemies both foreign and domestic. They do not "bear the sword in vain" in this pursuit. With almost 1400 years of evidence of the violent nature of Islam, immigrants/refugees, especially in large numbers of single, military-aged men from failed states, represent a clear threat to the Liberty of American citizens. It would be foolish to fling open the doors to a group whose primary pastimes are building IEDs and chanting "Death to America!"
So one must ask, why the zeal to attack a policy that is temporary, very pragmatic, evolved from the previous administration's actions, and has proven an important deterrent in the war on Islamic terrorism? Is it not prudent to avoid importing enemy combatants into your own backyard? And if they are not easily identified, do you just throw up your hands and let everyone in? Or perhaps, you keep trying until you devise a better way to screen for militant jihadis?
Why Go Political Now?
1. Where were these leaders when Obama was bombing Libya and Yemen, arming ISIS in Syria, and encouraging violent uprisings throughout the Middle East? Where were these good Christian men and women when ISIS was burning Christians and Yazidis alive, and selling off young girls as sex slaves? Where were the letters of protest against Obama's attempts to force regime change on Egypt? The last administration was instrumental in creating the chaos, and yet these concerned religious folks never gave it a second thought until Trump was elected. Obviously, they cared little for the plight of the people, until they saw their refugee revenue stream threatened.
2. Did any of these so-called evangelical leaders even bother to read the executive order? Trump's ban only targets the countries that are openly hostile towards the US (Iran), or are dumpster fires with little to no functioning government/security (Iraq, Libya, Yemen, Somalia, Sudan, Syria). The latter category largely exists thanks to the previous administration arming terrorists, and/or forcing regime change on them. IT IS NOT A MUSLIM BAN. The largest exporter of RoP terrorists to the US since 9/11 (terrorists and/or those convicted on terror related charges), is Pakistan at 62, and they are not on the list. Other exporters of terrorists like Lebanon (28), that mythical land called Palestine (22), Egypt (17), or even Saudi Arabia (9) failed to make the list. Neither did the largest Muslim nation in the world (Indonesia), or the largest Arab nation in the world (Egypt) make the list! The hyperventilating from the extreme left, and the misinformation on what Trump has actually done, proves once again that the traditional media continues to be nothing more than dangerous propaganda.
3. How many of these leaders and their religious organizations profit from taxpayer funds being funneled to their organization to care for refugees. I sure would like to know. Because from what I have found thus far, this is BIG BUSINESS for many religious groups. We're talking over $2 BILLION in funding going into the pockets of large organizations like World Relief, and filtering down to the local level. This is for a reported 200,000 arrivals in the same year. That is a whole lot of money, and likely lots of fraud, waste, and abuse. Its no wonder they are so eager for more refugees, even if that means more violence and/or terrorism.
4. No nation imports more LEGAL immigrants (approximately 1 million annually), than the US. Since 2003, the refugee quantity has been capped between 70-80,000. While George W. Bush was in office, the numbers admitted fell way short of the cap. Since 2008, the numbers have grown dramatically, leading to the Obama administration planning for 250,000 for 2017. That is not a refugee program, that is an invasion.
5. When Obama entered office there were 80,529,000 people NOT participating in the workforce. Eight years later and that number is now 94,708,000! So we have a shrinking workforce, less tax revenue, and these Christian leaders advocate bringing in even more people to be dependent on government? And this is after Obama doubled the national debt to almost $20 TRILLION in just eight years. This is not the time to be flooding the country with unskilled wards of the state.
6. No matter how many immigrants or refugees the United States admits, it will do little to change the world's conditions. In fact, immigration is often detrimental to the exporting country. The folks that immigrate, or who are accepted as refugees, are often the educated, the healthy, and the industrious - the very folks who could make necessary changes to the political or economic situation. Left behind are the poor, uneducated, sick, and elderly, leaving the country far worse than before. It would be far better to take a portion of those funds being laundered through religious groups and help the people "bloom where they are" instead of risking their lives for the unknown. To drag them away from their homes, their families, tribes, clans, culture, language etc., and place them in a foreign land, forcing them to be dependent on handouts, is not compassionate, it is cruel, both to them and those left behind. It seems horribly backwards for Christian organizations, who instead of teaching people to look to God as their source, instead teaches people to be dependent on the state.
7. If you closed your eyes and someone said "refugee" what would you imagine? It is likely you would picture women, maybe some small children, possibly a few elderly folks, and even a wounded soldier or two.
Historically, refugees have been noncombatants fleeing the battle. The men would often stay behind and remain in the fight. So why does virtually every picture of Muslim refugees, include only healthy, military-aged men? Where are the women and children?
These are not refugees in any traditional sense. Although many are economic migrants, there are far too many who bring with them a desire to undermine and destabilize their new home. The experience in many European cities proves this, as things often get ugly when hundreds of Islamic men come together and don't get their way. Crime increases, especially rape and sexual harassment. Protests are frequent and often violent. Areas become no-go zones for citizens for fear of persecution or something far worse. Often government and police refuse to employ force to stop the violence, so its left to fester and grow. Is this the future these evangelical leaders imagine?
8. The forces who champion open borders and mass migration, are the same ones who for over 100 years have been pushing for one world government. This New World Order in no way includes the Creator or King in the ruling hierarchy. It is the same people who have worked diligently to remove God and the Bible from schools, government, and now even society itself. And yet somehow, Islam is allowed in the classroom and embraced by large segments of society. Are these folks the allies these Christian leaders seek? It seems more aligned with the god of this world rather than the king of Kings, Lord of Lords. It often seems like all the unsavory characters of the left - authoritarians, collectivists, progressives, atheists, global elite, and now these hundred religious folks all seem to embrace Islam. Why not stand up for Christianity, the Rule of Law, and Liberty?
9. If the Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. And in Him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through Him and for Him. And He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together. And He is the Head of the Body, the church; He is the beginning and the Firstborn from among the dead, so that in EVERYTHING He might have the supremacy. And if even God was pleased to have all His fullness dwell in Him, and through Him to reconcile to Himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through His blood, shed on the cross. And if Jesus Himself said, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." Why aren't these religious leaders teaching this Truth to the refugees? (John 14:6, Colossians 1:15-20)
I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time. -- 1 Timothy 2:1-6 KJV
10. Paul's letter is especially relevant to this discussion. Note the role of the Believer - pray for those in authority. Why? So that Believers can live a quiet and peaceful life. Why would this be important? Because it is quite difficult to share the Good News when government has banned Christianity, as in the case of many Muslim majority nations. They often murder apostates and Christian missionaries. Is America ready for hundreds of thousands of folks who reject Liberty, and most every Western value? Is American ready for those who at even the slightest perceived offense would turn to violence?
God's Will is that all be saved. Are these organizations preaching the Word to these immigrants, explaining Liberty and setting them free from the 7th century barbarism they left in their old country? Or will we see balkanized ghettos, teaming with angry jihadis yearning not to be free, but to violently earn their way into their demonic notion of paradise, killing as many folks along the way as they can.
It Is Written.
Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.
Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.
For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:
For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.
Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake. -- Romans 13:1-5 KJV
Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul;
Having your conversation honest among the Gentiles: that, whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may by your good works, which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation.
Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake: whether it be to the king, as supreme;
Or unto governors, as unto them that are sent by him for the punishment of evildoers, and for the praise of them that do well.
For so is the will of God, that with well doing ye may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men:
As free, and not using your liberty for a cloke of maliciousness, but as the servants of God.
Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the king. -- 1 Peter 2:11-17 KJV
People who claim to follow Christ, should follow His Word. They should be led by the Spirit, not by how much money they can take from taxpayers to support the globalist agenda.