This was the first inauguration I have watched in decades. Not because of any particular animosity towards the previous Presidents. They generally met my expectations. Bush 1 was an establishment candidate who largely abandoned Reagan’s legacy. Clinton was thewomanizing sexual predator I had met in Little Rock on a college trip in 1987, with the added bonus of an extremist wife with an unrestrained lust for power. Bush 2 was a big government Republican. Obama was a red diaper baby, and a community agitator groomed from birth to “fundamentally transform” this country.
When people gain power who do not believe in the Rule of Law, or think the Constitution is just some helpful, antiquated suggestions, you can be sure their time in office will not go well for the average American. That has been the case for the last several decades, where the only difference between the administrations was the pace that Liberty declined.
Now, there is finally some hope. America elected a Patriot. He may not be a perfect man, no politician is, but he loves the United States - that is a YUGE improvement over recent Presidents. He is not an establishment insider. His picks for his cabinet already demonstrate an understanding that Big Government and crony capitalism never works. Liberty is always the answer. The Rule of Law must apply to everyone, regardless of title, wealth, or power. NOBODY is too big to jail. Wisdom is preferred to ideological foolishness. And most importantly, Godliness exalts a nation, not division and strife.
The last 8 years demonstrates the importance of electing and appointing competent people. Community agitators, academic pinheads, and extremists, are dangerous folks, especially when they seize power. We should expect MORE from a President. But since the bar was set SO LOW by the previous administration, whatever President Trump does, or doesn’t accomplish, will likely be a YUGE upgrade. I am confident we will NEVER see anything like the following from President Trump, or his administration. That alone is worthy of celebration.
The media and historians will do their best to suggest the Obama administration was a success. It is good to remember the catastrophic failures of the last 8 years. This will make it so much easier to appreciate the stark difference between good leadership, and the alternative.
1. An American president apologizing to other countries.
2. An American president bowing before some 3rd world monarch, tin-pot dictator, or to any world leader.
3. An American president presenting incompatible DVDs to the British Prime Minister, insulting our closest international friend, and long time ally, as a formal gift, while receiving in return a near priceless pen holder crafted from the timbers of the 19th century British warship HMS Gannet (whose sister ship, HMS Resolute, provided the wood for the Oval Office's desk).
4. A Secretary of State giving a tchotchke with the word "reset" mistranslated as "overcharge" to Russia, our largest global rival.
5. An American president who publicly insults the newly elected Prime Minister of Israel, the only Democracy in the Middle East and our greatest ally in the region, by refusing a time honored custom of a personal call to congratulate him/her on their victory. It wasn't the first snub or the last. Former President Obama also used taxpayer dollars in an attempt to undermine Israeli elections.
6. A President who would select a UN Ambassador who would dare float a trial balloon that America should invade Israel because of some deluded definition of genocide.
7. An administration with available assets and many options, who would deny multiple requests for help from Americans, including the Ambassador, who were being assaulted by islamic terrorists. And then lie about it ... often.
8. An American president who is a follower, rather than a WORLD LEADER.
9. A President and an administration that continually promises Americans that they can keep their doctors, and premiums will go down, knowing that this was absolutely false in order to pass the most horrific and damaging legislation in the history of the Republic.
10. An American President who would claim climate change is the biggest threat to the security of the United States.
11. A President who would increase the debt by $9.3 Trillion in just 8 years, leaving the country with $19.9 Trillion in debt, or $166,000 per taxpayer.
12. An administration that suggests that the solution to global terrorism is more jobs for terrorists.
13. An administration that promotes a UN resolution condemning Israeli settlements in their sovereign territory, and then fails to block this travesty.
14. An administration that undermines free speech, using government agencies to attack and harass citizens who are simply exercising their right to protest and speak against tyranny.
15. An administration that hates America, and seeks to divide it by race, sex, party, sexual preference, and sows strife at every turn. President Obama was uniquely qualified to stamp out the embers of tribalism and racial discord. Had he made this a priority, even with so many other disasters and blunders under his belt, his legacy would have been secured. Instead, he set out almost immediately to create as much hostility as possible, fanning the flames of unrest at every turn. His promotion of violence led to the execution of several police officers in the name of social justice. His rhetoric caused a sharp rise in police deaths, and set back race relations by 50 years in America.
16. A President who insults millions of hardworking entrepreneurs and small business owners by saying, “You didn’t build that!”
Government creates nothing but liabilities. True economic growth comes from individuals who are willing to invest, work hard, and see their dream come true. More often than not, its the government which is the biggest roadblock in the way of entrepreneurial success. For community agitators, social justice warriors, bureaucrats, and academic pinheads, who have never accomplished anything meaningful in their lives, this is a painful truth. Prosperity only manifests where Liberty flourishes. Big government is NOT Liberty, it is tyranny.
17. An administration that specifically targets a whole industry for destruction, in one case declaring war on coal, leading to the loss of 50,000 jobs, and many bankruptcies.
18. An administration that creates an $80 Billion dollar slush fund to give taxpayer dollars to their crony capitalist friends’ pet green projects. The vast majority of these “investments” are catastrophic failures, creating even more debt for future taxpayers, and proving that community agitators and academic pinheads have no place in government.
19. An administration that declares CO2, a gas that is vital to life on this planet, is a pollutant and must be regulated.
20. No other remark revealed what was in Obama’s heart better than his 2008 attack on people inarmed drug cartels, jihadis, and supported extremists all over the world. So apparently, it wasn’t necessarily guns or religion that were the problem. As long as murderers and terrorists were armed, that was OK. However, according to this administration, law abiding Americans must be disarmed. Christians, Yazidis, or Jews could be attacked and even killed, as long as islam was defended and promoted globally.
It is time for America to take its rightful place as LEADER of the FREE World. This cannot be done when Liberty is constantly under assault from within. America cannot lead when the chains of government bondage prevent growth, and diminish the prosperity that always comes with the Blessing of Liberty. The United States CANNOT prosper when RIGHTEOUSNESS is no longer exalted!
Godliness makes a nation great, but sin is a disgrace to any people. -- Proverbs 14:34 NLT
When the godly are in authority, the people rejoice. But when the wicked are in power, they groan. -- Proverbs 29:2 NLT
God Blesses the nation who seeks His Face.
“...if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.” -- 2 Chronicles 7:14 NIV
And as I have done with every President, both the good and the evil, I will follow what the Word demands of all Believers.
I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people — for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. -- 1 Timothy 2:1-4 NIV
Let's Make America Great Again!!