Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The Creator, Not That Which Is Created...

Today, April 22 is Earth Day 2009. The date coincides with that noted lover of freedom and Christianity, Vladimir Lenin. Obviously, the date selection was pure coincidence. The anti-freedom and anti-Christian messages throughout Earth Day and the radical environment movement cannot be ignored. The Earth was created by God for man. It is not to be worshiped or given reverential terms like "mother earth" or venerated as the early pagan religions and now the creators of Earth Day.

If the day focuses on conservation and being good stewards of the Earth's resources, everyone can participate. When we deviate into the Al Gore, "man is destroying the earth" nonsense, I will not participate. I will not worship at the altar of a secular religion. Either you believe in a loving Creator or you don't. And when you don't believe in God, you become a puppet for evil forces. There is good and evil, there are no categories in between - choose wisely.

Whenever I hear those folks who like to blame man for global warming or predicting catastrophic changes in sea levels, I remember the exchange between God and Job in the Bible. Job had been getting really bad advice from his friends, questioning the ways of the Lord. God intervenes and begins to ask Job about His creation.

“Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth? Tell me, if you know so much. Who determined its dimensions and stretched out the surveying line? What supports its foundations, and who laid its cornerstone as the morning stars sang together and all the angels shouted for joy?

“Who kept the sea inside its boundaries as it burst from the womb, and as I clothed it with clouds and wrapped it in thick darkness? For I locked it behind barred gates, limiting its shores. I said, ‘This far and no farther will you come. Here your proud waves must stop!’
 
Job 38:4-11 NLT

We have gained substantial knowledge on how the earth works, but we are still far from understanding every intricate detail, especially when it comes to climate science. I am sure of one thing, God does good work. The earth is not in any danger from man. Frankly, we would have a tough time "destroying the planet" even if we tried.

For most of my life I have been hearing doomsday predictions and one manufactured crisis after the other. The purpose is to sow fear (who do you suppose is behind that) and change policy to place our lives more completely under government control. I love the Lord and He loves me. I will never act in fear.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning.

Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.
 
John 1:1-5 NIV (my emphasis)

The Word, or Light of men, is Jesus who is also Truth. When you know the Truth, you can live a life free from fear. Something to meditate on today.


Happy CREATOR DAY!!


Click here for more verses and Bible studies on the Creation Story.

No comments:

Post a Comment