Monday, October 12, 2009

Do I Dare Believe?

Pardon my departure from my political musings for something serious.

The SMU Mustangs are 3-2 and 2-0 in conference play for the first time in a gazillion years. And if they had not had a complete meltdown in the final quarter against Washington State, they would be 4-1. There is a gentleman's agreement to place SMU in the Aloha Bowl (or whatever its called) for a June Jones homecoming if SMU is bowl eligible and not CUSA champion. Do I dare book my flight?

Next week they play a formidable Navy team that destroyed us in the rain in Annapolis last year. I believe our defense is a heck of a lot better this year, especially the speed at LB, but are they up to stopping the option for 4 quarters? I will be there to witness it firsthand, so I know they will NOT disappoint me.

Its been far too long of a bowl drought. SMU needs a bowl game. Dang it, I need a bowl game. They haven't been to a bowl game since I was in school and that was a looooong time ago!

Go Mustangs!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment